Sep 17, 2010

Writing to Get Published

I've changed my attitude about a lot of things lately. It's not if I lose weight, it's when. It's not if I get published, it's when. Noticing a trend? I don't know what happened or when it happened, but I now know that I am capable of doing whatever I put my mind to. How empowering is that knowledge? I mean, it's like a light bulb clicked on in my head.

I have this desire to be published one day. I don't know what kind of publication I want to be published in I just know that I want to see my name in black and white. This article, story, or whatever I write won't be a dissertation either. It needs to be in addition to my dissertation. I want to have fun writing the things that might get published.

I've got a book or article idea that I want to focus on. It's rough and definitely needs refining, but there is a seed of possibility that it could be great. I mean, even if no book publishers wanted to pick it up, I could always publish it myself. The internet is absolutely fabulous because what I write could be total crap but I could still put in book form! I really wouldn't do that because I would always know that I didn't achieve my ultimate goal.

More to come on goals later! Have a wonderful day readers who may or may not exist!

No comments:

Post a Comment